An anonymous church official said that after a meeting on April 7 with a US priest, a former parishioner, and a former church official, the US church “did not want the meeting to be public.”
The official said the church “disgusted” by the US priest’s behaviour.
The former priest told the US official that he abused a young parishioners son and that the US bishop knew about it.
The US bishop told the former priest that the church did not have any jurisdiction in that situation, the official said.
The US bishop has not commented on the matter.
In a statement released on April 10, the Vatican said it had “received and examined the full reports” and “has confirmed the facts with the appropriate authorities”.
“The Vatican will continue to cooperate with the authorities and protect the dignity of all,” it said.
In the first of two reports into allegations of sexual abuse at the Jesuit-run Archdiocese of Denver, which is located in Colorado, the Archdiocesan Office of Public Information and Outreach said in a statement: “There has been no new evidence to substantiate allegations of wrongdoing by the priest and no charges have been filed.”
But the office said it “will continue to pursue appropriate and necessary legal actions to protect the trust and integrity of the archdiocese.”
In another incident, in June 2016, the archbishop of Denver was accused of abusing a 14-year-old boy.
In a letter to the archbishops of the Diocese of Fort Collins and Denver, the boy said he had been sexually abused by the archdeacon of Denver in 2013 and 2014.
“I am not ashamed, and I am not alone in my pain,” the boy wrote.
“This abuse was carried out in the presence of other children, by someone who was not a priest.
I have seen and felt what it feels like to be sexually abused.”
The archbishop was dismissed from his position at the Archbishops Conference in December 2016.
In the letter to archbates, the man who wrote the letter, Daniel Vielke, described his own experience.
“A few years ago, my friend, now-retired priest, asked me to come over to his house, where he gave me a massage.
It was the first time that I had ever experienced such sexual touching,” Vielleke wrote.
“The priest had me massage his penis and put my hand on his crotch area.
It didn’t hurt or make me uncomfortable. “
He started to rub my hand in his crotch, and as he was doing this, he pushed his head into my crotch, which I was not expecting.
It didn’t hurt or make me uncomfortable.
Then he started rubbing my vagina.
After that, he pulled my hand off my crotch and I put my head in his lap.”
Viellek was shocked by the abuse, he said.
“My response was to ask him, ‘Do you want to do this again?’
But I told him no.
I didn’t want to see it happen again.”
The boy has not spoken publicly about his experience, although he told his mother that he was aware of the abuse and was not ashamed.
“I know that there is nothing more I can do for him,” the mother said in the letter.
“But I know that he needs someone who knows what to do about this,” she said.
Archbishop of New York, Cardinal Timothy Dolan, also did not comment on the reports of abuse.
In January 2017, he was accused by two women of sexual misconduct involving children.
He denied the allegations and said that the allegations were “completely false and untrue”.
He said he “would never tolerate” any form of abuse against children.
The women who have accused Dolan have asked the Vatican to investigate.